What is the Best Way of Cleaning Upholstered Furniture?
Cleaning upholstery on your own with regular touch-ups works well to remove various food stains and other minor flaws. Regular cleaning ensures staining doesn’t set onto your expensive furniture and turns into a permanent issue. But, professional upholstery cleaners in Burlington are crucial for deep cleaning. Expert cleaning services can help you stay assured that each piece of your upholstered furniture looks at its best for years ahead.
Tips to Clean Upholstered Furniture
You can clean most upholstered furniture with the help of baking soda and other household cleaning products. Vacuuming and brushing are effective in getting rid of dried stains. Consider a few tips for regular upholstered furniture cleaning.
Before searching for a professional upholstery cleaning services company near me, consider trying these tips that can help you eradicate staining, ground-in dirt, and other obnoxious particles from your expensive furniture. Before getting into the cleaning procedure, make sure you test the techniques on a hidden part of the fabric. This test will help you check how the fabric reacts to different cleaning materials, tools, and techniques.
- Vacuum your upholstered furniture by using the fabric brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner. You can also use a handheld vacuum device. Try to reach deep into the crevices of your furniture and then move over the areas that have stains. Remove as much debris as possible.
- Scrub away as much residue as you can with the help of a dry brush and then fluff up the fibers. Cleaner fabric will help you reach the stains that have been set in more easily.
- Remove the damp stains by wiping the spots with a clean, dry cloth. Clear out as much moisture and liquid as possible. Continue switching to a dry cloth or clean area of the piece of cloth to make sure you have removed the most residue without allowing debris and dirt particles to get into the fabric.
- Once you have removed the moisture, take a clean damp cloth and blot fresh water into the stain by rubbing it gently in a circular motion.
- Baking soda is one of the most effective materials to clean upholstered furniture. Mix baking soda with water and create a paste. Gently apply the paste to the stain with a clean damp cloth. Apply the material in circular motions to loosen debris and dirt. Then take out a maximum amount of baking soda with the help of a clean, damp cloth.
- The bubbling club soda is good to get rid of trapped stains. You can use club soda to wipe away food residues and other messes. Pour a few drops, as required, of the club soda onto the stain and wipe the spot dry with the help of a clean and damp cloth.
After completing all these steps:
- Wipe away the leftover with a dry brush.
- Pick up the dirt and water with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Let your expensive furniture dry completely before assessing your cleaning efforts.
Upholstery Cleaning Machine: Is it beneficial or not?
Stop by any home improvement store. You will find upholstery cleaning equipment of various brands particularly designed to clean chairs, couches, fabrics, and other upholstered items, including spot cleaning carpets and rugs. These machines can be beneficial for certain upholstery cleaning, but they do come with certain drawbacks.
Keep these crucial tips in your mind while making use of an upholstery cleaning machine on your own.
- The use of excess rinse water that doesn’t have sufficient extraction can cause mold growth beneath the furniture fibers and upholstery. Besides, the excess rinse water can also damage the foam and other materials used for the upholstery backing and cushions.
- Some types of brush attachments on the upholstery cleaning machines are stiff and harmful for delicate fabrics.
- Application of brushes, if improperly used, can cause your furniture to smash its nap fabrics or cause grind stains into the furniture instead of removing them.
- Self-cleaning equipment placed over the furniture can also cause damage to the fabric if it is allowed to brush for several minutes. Manual cleaning, on the contrary, allows you to keep track of your cleaning work and lower the possible chances of fabric damage.
- Certain upholstery cleaning equipment provides nothing more than what you can accomplish by using a clean cloth and a stiff brush. However, it is good to avoid investing in cleaning machines and try the DIY upholstery cleaning methods or hire professional upholstery cleaning services.
Importance of periodic upholstery cleaning
Clearing out stains from the upholstered furniture is essential to ensure each piece of your expensive furniture looks at its best. There are various other reasons to get your upholstered furniture cleaned regularly by experts. One of the main reasons is that people often get used to the smells of their upholstered furniture. They don’t even realize that their furniture fabrics can smell musty and unpleasant over time. Trapped smoke of cigarettes and cooking is also a source of a sour environment in a house.
It is also equally important to understand that overlooking dust and dirt on the furniture can ground those residues daily and crush the fibers. Following this, your upholstered furniture will start looking flattered. The longer you delay cleaning your furniture, the harder it will be to get rid of the dirt and dust.
Your local professional upholstery cleaning company can also improve your upholstered furniture fabric’s overall look and feel. It is easy to assume that your furniture is damaged beyond repair, and it is time to start looking for new pieces. Wait! It could be possible that your furniture requires nothing more than a thorough cleaning. Hiring an upholstery cleaning services company will be quite cheaper than buying brand new furniture. In addition, a pro cleaning will also prolong the lifespan of your furniture.
Arrange upholstered furniture cleaning and carpet cleaning together
Regular carpet cleaning Burlington offers ditto advantages as upholstered furniture cleaning. Professional rug cleaning eliminates dirt and other dust particles along with smells that you might not notice. In particular, carpet cleaning, including steam cleaning, lifts the fibers and creates a pleasing feeling underfoot. Besides, it also restores the color of the carpets and makes them look fresh and new.
Scheduling upholstered furniture and carpet cleaning together is a great way to ensure you don’t skip either service. So, ensure you schedule a complete cleaning of your upholstered expensive furniture at the same time. This plan will ensure you an environment that is clean and free of bacteria and other pollutants. Remember, proper cleaning of all the surfaces in your house will give you are pleasant and hygienic environment.
Opt for a professional service today.
Ultimately, there is no better way to get a clean house than opting for professional services. If you lack the skills and time to clean your carpet and upholstered furniture, it is best to have a professional upholstery cleaning company. Professional cleaners know various methods that can ensure your expensive furniture is spotlessly clean inside and out. Indeed, the service won’t be free, but it’s definitely worth the cost.